Join Us: Membership
To join Plymouth YMCA simply fill out our membership form and return it to any centre.
Give to Plymouth YMCA
All donations are gratefully appreciated, to donate please click on the button below (PayPal Link)
New Gym Offer!
6 Months Unlimited Use- Only £90
12 Months Unlimited Use- Only £160
Offer excludes annual membership and does not include group fitness classes.
Telephone 01752 201918 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Short Courses Coming Soon!
Free- Short, five week taster courses leading to a variety of qualification options are being planned for the near future. Recent course offerings included:
- Creative Writing
- Understanding Personal Finance
- Fun Fitness
- Introductory ICT
For more information on these and our other Adult Education courses please contact Sharron Agambar via email email@example.com
Mental Health Courses!
Mental Health Awareness (MHFA Lite) £25
MHFA Lite offers an introduction to mental health and mental health issues and is intended to introduce the full MHFA course.
The aim of MHFA Lite is to enable participants to:
- gain a wider understanding, for themselves and others, of some issues surrounding mental health
- work more effectively with people living with mental health problems
- understand the aims of the full MHFA course
- experience a taste of what the full MHFA course content
at the end of the course participants should be able to:
- identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
- define mental health and some mental health problems
- relate to people's experiences
- help support people with mental health problems
- look after their own mental health
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) £90
Mental Health Affects Us All
The personal and financial cost of mental health problems is huge – in one year alone they cost UK businesses nearly £26 billion.*
With one in four British adults experiencing at least one diagnosable problem in any one year, mental health is not something any of us can afford to ignore.**
*The Sainsbury Centre for Medical Health, Mental Health at Work (2007)
**The Office for National Statistics Psychiatric Morbidity Report (2001)
How You Can Help
Early intervention can help slow down or stop a mental health problem and lead to a faster recovery. Taught over 12 hours, Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) courses will teach you to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems.